FIU is in the process of upgrading its PantherSoft Financials system to version 9.2. On January 5, 2015, users will have an improved workflow that extends to Requisitions and Commitment Control, WorkCenters to facilitate operational support and improved analytic tools.
The transition will require that the PantherSoft Financials system be unavailable to all users on Tuesday, December 30th, after 5:00 p.m in order to upgrade to version 9.2. On Monday, January 5th, the system will be available to the user community for processing.
To provide a world-class, innovative and integrated Financials system and technical infrastructure in support of FIU’s vision to be a Top Urban Research University.
- Upgrade FIU Financials system to the most recent PeopleSoft release as part of the FIU approved maintenance strategy and to ensure business continuity
- Enhance and simplify user interface
- Improve use of resources through operational efficiencies such as workflow and work centers
- Reduce customizations by taking advantage of new functionality and features
- Update and streamline existing business processes
- Lower the total cost of ownership (TCO)
Benefits for Upgrading to 9.2
- 9.2 will allow FIU to stay current and on track to maintain the latest version of our enterprise applications, which aligns technology with FIU’s strategic plan.
- End-Users improvements, such as familiar Global search experience, effortless navigation using contextual related actions and a highly visual self-service and business process flows makes 9.2 simpler and more intuitive to use.
- Staying current more easily and at a lower cost with tailored software maintenance, a reduced need for customizations through functionally robust solutions, and affordable operation using PeopleSoft Upgrade Manager.
- Over 1,000 new back-office enhancements across the suite, with 15+ cockpit-style command Work Centers and 60 real-time, multi-dimensional, decision support analytics, which will improve team productivity.
New Features & Functions
- PS Financials Upgrade Kickoff Meeting
- December 9th Webinar for Financials 9.2 Upgrade
- PantherSoft Financials 9.2 Webinar Presentation – Dec 15 2014
Sign up today through the Professional Development site. Once you log-in choose “enroll” and then select “Office of the Controller.” After you select “Office of the Controller,” you will be able to select the training you would like to register for.
If you need help in 9.2 after go-live, please stop by one of our Open Labs. Bring your work with you to get assistance on the spot.
|Monday Jan 5th 9:30 – 12:30||Tuesday Jan 6th 1:30 – 3:30|
|Wednesday Jan 7th 9:30 – 12:30||Thursday Jan 8th 1:30 – 3:30|
|Friday Jan 9th 9:30 – 12:30||Tuesday Jan 13th 9:00 – 12:00|
Important Dates & Reminders
Travel and Expense Deadlines
All Travel Authorizations, Cash Advances and Expense Reports must be in an “Approved” or “Paid” status prior to the upgrade. Reports that have a status of “Submitted for Approval”, “Pending”, or “Approval in Process” will be deleted from the system to ensure a smooth transition. In order to plan accordingly, see the deadline dates listed below:
- December 15, 2014 – Access to create TAs, Cash Advances and Expenses Reports will be removed from the University community. Make sure all TAs and Cash Advances for December and early January travel are approved.
- December 28, 2014 – Last day for all Travel transactions to be approved by Managers.
- December 15, 2014
- Access to create Requisitions will be removed the University community
- Ability to submit Smart Proposals and Smart Bills for approvals will be removed the University community
- December 30, 2014
- All Requisitions, Smart Proposals, Smart Bills and Payroll Transfers should be in Approved status.
- Any POs that are in Pending Approval, Open, or Initial status will need to be either Approved, Dispatched or Deleted
- All Account Payable Pay cycles should be fully completed
- All in-process Access Request should be denied. PantherSoft will execute the script to deny them as part of the go-live.
- After 5:00 p.m. the PeopleSoft Financials system will be unavailable to the user community.
- January 5, 2015 – GO LIVE!
- The upgraded system will be available to the user community for processing.